27 Sept 2015

Yummy fall time recipe : Apple pie with oats

Hello friends! 

Ok so just because it's not even fall yet here in Cyprus that doesn't mean that I cannot be in "fall mood". I decided to make my very own apple pie today, but just so it wouldn't be just a basic apple pie I added some oats as well! This was really easy to make (except for me the part where you have to peel the apples, because I usually don't peel them) and it tastes amazing! 

Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you try let me know if this recipe was success or no ! :) 

Ingredients

100 g of  soft butter
1 egg
1½ dl of oats 
½ dl of sugar 
1½ dl of flour 
1 tsp of baking powder
--
2-3 apples

For the oat topping: 

50 g of butter
½ dl of sugar
1 tsp of  vanllinsugar 
1½ dl of oats 

Note: For the oats I just used normal Quakers! :) So basically you can use any oats you want.

1. Preheat the oven 200 degrees Celsius 
2. Mix the butter, egg, oats, sugar, flour and baking powder together. 
3. Press the dough into a round pie dish using a little bit of flour ( if the dough feels sticky, flour will help to make it less stickier and easier to use)


4. Peel your apples and cut them into pieces. Add them on top of the dough (try to put them as flat as you can). 


5. And now the oat topping. Melt the butter in a pan. Take it off the heat and add sugar ad oats.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pie


7.Put the pie into an oven and bake it approximately for 25 minutes. 


Enjoy the pie with custard sauce or vanilla ice cream (unfortunately I didn't have neither)  

XoXo Stella

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment! :)