30 Aug 2014
19 Aug 2014
- Trust. LDR or not, trust plays very important role in relationships. I know it's hard to trust someone who is hundreds of miles away, and it might be hard at first. But in a time you just have to trust each other if you really want to make it. I would lie if I said we never had any trust issues - we did and we sometimes still do. But it's normal. So don't worry. You will gain trust as the time goes by! :)
- Communicate. If trust plays very important role in LDR so does communication. Communicate in any possible way. Send e-mails. Call each other. Send facebook messages. Or if you wanna do it old school, send letters! Just try to keep in touch as much as possible. And don't forget to tell how you feel! Talking is the key here too! Support each other and just be there!! Listen what the other is telling you.
- Include the other person into your everyday life. I know this can be hard, but it's not impossible. Send each other good morning/night messages. You can have Skype conversations, watch the same movie at the same time, you can tell what you are doing and describe your day to each others. This doesn't mean you have to text or Skype 24/7. You still have your own lives, don't forget your friends and family!! :) Oh and what it comes to friends and family, you can still introduce them to each other via Skype for example!
- Applications. Okay as you might already know, there are tons of applications you can download to your phone. Our favorite applications are Facebook (we use this one for chatting), Viber (this is an application where you can call free. The only requirements are a good internet connection and the other person has to have Viber too) and Skype. We did try the Couple app where you can send pictures and private messages to each other, but it just wasn't good for us.
- Make future plans together. Obviously at some point you do want to have a future together and live in the same place. Make plans for it. Dream about it. It is good to have future plans with each other because that means you really do want to spend time together in the future too and you will have something to wait for!! :) This is also a good way to find out weather or not your wants are the same! And it's good to start planning early because if you face any disagreements (for example where are you going to live etc) you will have time to figure them out! :)
- Visit each other as much as you can. I know it sucks that you can't see each other every day, but try to visit each other as much as possible. I know it's hard if you are working or studying or you don't have that much money, but remember, the longer you are apart, the the more you will appreciate the time you spend together! And when you do see each other, spend as much time together as you can (especially if you don't have many days to spend). It doesn't matter if you don't do anything special. Just enjoy each others company and be happy! You will survive until the next visit with all the memories that you have with each other! :)
- Be patient. There will come the day when you FINALLY live in the same country. Just be patient. It will be all worth it in the end! :) And you will see that you have learned to appreciate each other more.
- Last but not least, if you really love each other, you will survive from LDR. And if you can survive from LDR, you can survive anything.
Leave comment down below and tell me some of your tips for surviving LDR! :)
7 Aug 2014
1 Aug 2014
Oh God I can't believe it's August already!! Like where did the summer go? But for me, this means that next month, I am moving to Cyprus! Yes you heard it, NEXT freaking MONTH I am finally going home. I can't wait it!! I'm so excited! Thank God I have a lot of work so I really don't have any free time before my moving!! And now finally all the things are looking good and I feel good to go. I have arranged all the things that were bothering me, and now everything's okay and I'm happy.
I really hope everyone's having a great August! Enjoy the good weather while you can! :)